What is Search Engine Optimization
Basically, this fancy term refers to how you tell search engines what your website is about and who to show it to. Every time someone types a query into Google Singapore, the Google engine works behind the scenes to decide which websites should show up in response. Google uses over 200+ factors (known as Google Algorithms) to make this split-second decision on behalf of the user. Google, and other search engines like it, is getting smarter every day. This infographic breaks this information up for you even more easily.
Why is it Important
To Your Business?
The number one way to drive organic (unpaid) traffic to your website is to make sure your website is ranking high for your target key words in Google and other search engines. When someone types a question into Google, they’re most likely going to click on the first website that comes up. If they don’t click on the first website, they’re probably going to click on one of the first three websites. The higher your website ranks for your search terms, the more likely people are to check out your website.
How do you increase your SEO Singapore ranking? Have a fast, secure, mobile-friendly website with great content that people want to read. Don’t Worry: We can help.
Why Choose Digitrio?
Other websites will guarantee you certain rankings in Google. What they won’t guarantee is traffic. Why is that?
According to Matt Cutts, the ex-head of the Webspam Team in Google, it’s easy to rank the #1 position for keywords no one is searching for. But if no one is search for those keywords, ranking #1 doesn’t actually do you any good.
Here at Digitrio, we go beyond guaranteed rankings in Singapore. Our first step will always be to help you target the right key words. Then, we’ll help you create a plan to increase your traffic and your sales, not just your rankings.
How We Measure Success for SEO Singapore
- Relevance: Will your website actually matter to people who are searching for your keywords? For example, if you sell shoes but your website is optimized for the word “water bottles,” then people who are looking for water bottles may end up on your website—but they’re not going to buy anything, because your site won’t be relevant to them.
- Monthly Search Volume: Are enough people searching for your keywords each month for the keywords to actually drive traffic to your website? If you use keywords that are too long or too niche, you might not have any competition, but they’re still not going to generate traffic.
- Competition: On the other hand, if you use a key word that’s too competitive, you’re going to have a hard time beating out big businesses to rank. Instead, you’ll want to start with longer phrases that still have some search volume and slowly build up to more competitive words.
- Define your keywords: Often, people don’t just type key words into Google—they type in questions. When you offer definitions, you answer some of these questions. This can cause you to rank higher than if you just used keywords without defining them because you become relevant to people who are doing research on a topic.
- Create sharable content: If people want to share your content on Facebook or social media, or if they want to reference your content in their own pieces, it’s going to rank a lot higher and drive more traffic. How do you know if your content is sharable? Tools like Buzzsumo or Ahrefs can be used to check for social signs, which are a key indicator of sharable content.
- Make your content the best: The number one way to drive traffic with content is to ensure the information on your website is better than any information on any other website. Look at what the competition is already writing on your topic. Then, write something that has more information, more research, and a better design than what’s already out there.
- Mobile Optimization: Mobile optimization refers to whether or not your website is easy to use on a cell phone or tablet. More and more traffic is being driven by mobile devices. As a result, Google now considers your mobile interface before it considers your desktop interface when deciding how high to rank you.
- Website Speed: No one wants to wait around while your website loads. Improve the speed of your website by compressing images and scripts to ensure everything loads smoothly.
- Conversion Funnel: People need to be directed to buy things on your website. A good sales funnel will help them move through the process of getting onto your website, learning about your product, and ultimately making a purchase.
How Your Website Is Performing?
GET YOUR FREE WEBSITE SEO ANALYSIS TODAY
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re keen to learn how we can help you improve your organic traffic and grow your business long term, contact us using this form. Our team will put together a proposal for your business and a free quote.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is not a get rich quick scheme. This process usually takes 3-6 months to begin showing results. However, once it takes off, this process works in the long term, generating better and better results over time. Here are a few of the benefits you’ll receive if you choose this marketing strategy.
Highly Targeted Audiences
Audiences who find your page through SEO are actively searching for the products or services you’re offering in Singapore. This means they’re more likely to buy from you than your average audiences.
Huge Amount of Traffic
Unlike pay-per-click techniques, your traffic growth is not limited by your wallet.
The internet doesn’t take holidays, and neither should your advertising. Your google listing will be active 24/7, so your advertising isn’t limited by the confines of another company.
A small investment in SEO can give your company long-term growth. This is one of the best returns on investment you’ll find when it comes to online marketing.